The Outer Port PGE San Antonio will be located to the south of the current port, which is why the project covers the construction of a new breakwater, a dock and new esplanades that will provide the two new berthing facilities with the space and protection necessary for an efficient port operation.... [+]
To its people
SENER believes in its people, recognizes their potential for making a contribution, has confidence in their ability to exercise their responsibilities and supports their professional development.
- A flexible and open organization: It offers its employees a flexible and open organization, individual care always based on respect, and ongoing training to maintain a high level of skill.
- Safety at work: Likewise, SENER is committed to always maintaining the processes and taking the precautions necessary to ensure that the criteria and standards that guarantee people’s safety in every phase of project execution and operations are met.
- A family-friendly company: SENER is also a family-friendly company that offers flexible ways of working to create a balance between work and family responsibilities. SENER has been awarded the EFR certificate by the Másfamilia Foundation to companies who demonstrate a commitment to improving the work-family balance and to equal opportunities.
- Integrating young professionals: Finally, SENER promotes the integration of young people into the real work environment by allowing them to work alongside highly-experienced professionals as they carry out high-level projects, from the very moment they join the company.
To other organizations
SENER was founded on an ambition to provide a service to society that is embodied in its innovative technology projects, which bring about qualitative advances and help to improve people’s quality of life.
This is also seen in its commitment to social action, collaborations with universities and direct funding for other organizations, such as NGOs, that are working toward the same end of building a better society.
Collaborations with universities
SENER fosters academic excellence by sponsoring university prizes and programs:
- SENER Award for the best progress in Programming Languages at the UPM School of Marine Engineering.
- Fourth year of the “UPC Emprén” business ideas competition, organized by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC).
- SENER and ITP Awards for best final projects on the Industrial Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering degree courses at the UPC’s Technical School of Aeronautical Engineering (ETSEIAT), the Technical School of Aeronautical Engineering of the Polytechnic University of Madrid (ETSIA), the School of Aeronautical Technicians of Madrid (EUITA) and the Technical School of Design Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Valencia (ETSID).
- Collaboration and sponsorship agreement for the Formula Student single-seater project, developed by students from the Faculty of Engineering of Bilbao (UPV) and supervised by SENER engineers.
- SENER Corporate Postgraduate Course in Systems Engineering, taught at the UPC and recognized with a diploma awarded by the university.
- Master’s in Space Science and Technology and Advanced Course in Aeronautical Technologies at the School of Engineering of Bilbao (UPV) to complement specialist mechanical qualifications with specific subjects in aeronautics and aerospace.
- Master’s in Waste Management and Treatment, with the Autonomous University of Madrid (UPM).
- Collaboration and internship agreements with Mexico’s most prestigious universities and colleges, such as the Tecnológico de Monterrey, the National Polytechnic Institute, the Ecatepec Center for Technology Studies, the Autonomous University of Querétaro and the Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Sponsorship of work programs with the Faculty of Chemistry at the National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Creation of the SENER Classroom in MONDRAGON UNIBERTSITATEA Polytechnic College for research and collaborative knowledge transfer projects.
The SENER Group gives corporate support to charity initiatives promoted by its employees that demonstrate a strong commitment to local communities.
Recent examples include:
- The CODESPA Foundation’s International Cooperation Volunteering Program, coordinated through the SENER Foundation, in which each year SENER employees implement one or two engineering projects in developing countries.
- In Upington (South Africa) SENER employees organized a transport service for children and elderly people attending the Oasis Skills Development Centre for people with disabilities.
- An IT classroom was set up in the !Kheis community in South Africa.
- A cooperation project with the NGO Altair Morocco to provide humanitarian aid and school materials to children living in towns and villages in the north of the country.
- Donations of toys to the Christmas campaign run by the Red Cross in Spain and the CIMMA Foundation in Mexico.
- Donations of IT equipment to centers such as the Home-Family-Man Association in Poland.
- Food collections for the Food Bank organization.
Each year, SENER earmarks a part of its budget to donations that support projects relating to engineering, healthcare, education, the arts and development.
SENER supports a range of organizations, including the Pablo Horstmann Foundation, the Codespa Foundation, Cáritas Spain and Mexico, the Red Cross, Fundación Desarrollo y Asistencia (Development and Care Foundation), the Food Bank, the Association for the Integrated Development of Highly Gifted Children (ADIMAC), the Association of People with Disabilities of Madrid (APADUAM) and the Association of People with Disabilities of Albacete (AMIAB).